Today the thermometer is supposed to top 92 here in Atlanta and I thought that this smoothie would be a great way to start the day as the sun rises and it heats up!
Have you ever been to the smoothie shops in the mall where they make all kinds of drinks? Well in their Tropic-colada premium fruit smoothie there is 46 ingredients full of all kinds of sugar, dye, lots of corn syrup, words I can’t pronounce and on and on. The price tag isn’t too cheap and you aren’t even getting real food! In my smoothie there are 10 ingredients and I know what they all are and it doesn’t require me to be a scientist to understand them.
This smoothie is full of fiber (dates, banana, oranges, pineapple, mango, carrot, coconut milk), natural sweetener (dates), essential fatty acid omega-6, iron, magnesium, potassium, zinc, folate, Vitamin C and E, B6, calcium (coconut milk), beta-carotenes, vitamin A, minerals and anti-oxidants (carrots), Vitamin A, C, B complex (oranges, mango, pineapple), omega- 3 (Barlean’s Mango Peach Omega Swirl) – how’s that for a line up?
So drink to your health this morning and enjoy the goodness that nature provides – it is simple and delicious! My kids have already had their smoothie this morning and I know that we all got off to a good start nutritionally.
Make it a smoothie kind of day!
- 1/2 c. unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 c. 100% passionfruit, orange, guava, mango or pineapple juice
- 1 t. vanilla
- 2 oranges, peeled and each one cut into 4 big pieces
- 5 dates, pits removed
- 1 large carrot, scrubbed if organic otherwise peel and chop
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 c. frozen mango chunks
- 1 c. frozen pineapple chunks
- 3 T. Barlean’s Mango Peach Omega Swirl
- Add all ingredients into the blender and process until smooth.
- Serve in a fun glass with a colorful straw or little umbrella!
To give this smoothie a bigger boost of protein add 2/3 c. Greek yogurt or one scoop of vanilla protein powder.