Don’t let the ‘cream’ in the name scare you away! This smoothie doesn’t have cream or sugar added, but it’s creamy and sweet enough to be called strawberries n’ cream! Earlier this week I posted the homemade healthy granola, and mentioned I use oats in my smoothies but realized I haven’t posted a smoothie that uses oats in a while. I had to change that and no better smoothie to do so than this one! The date, cinnamon, and pure vanilla extract add the extra sweetness, while the oats and frozen banana add the creaminess! Naturally sweet, delicious, and the perfect smoothie to fix a sweet craving!
Happy Smoothie Saturday!
|Strawberries n Cream Smoothie|
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (I use Bob’s Red Mill GF Oats)
- 1/2 large frozen banana
- 2 cups of strawberries (about 10 large strawberries)
- 1 date, pitted
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Add all the ingredients to the blender
- Start on a low speed slowly increasing to high
- Blend until smooth