|Spring Quinoa Salad || ||
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 15 mins
Total time: 30 mins
A bright and clean tasting dish that is sure to delight your tastebuds and your tummy!
- 1 c. quinoa, uncooked
- 1 c. vegetable broth, low sodium
- 1 c. water
- 1/3 c. Italian parsley, chopped
- 2 lg. celery stalks, minced
- 1/2 lg. cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 6 radish, sliced into matchsticks
- 1/4 c. cranberries, dehydrated
- 1/4 c. red onion, minced
- 1/4 c. pecans, toasted and chopped
- 1/4 c. feta, crumbled (optional)
- 3 T. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lg. lemon, juiced
- 1/8 t. kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- In a heavy duty medium saucepan, over medium/high heat dry toast the quinoa for a minute or two. Be sure to swirl the pan to avoid burning and to ensure even toasting. It will sound like popcorn popping and smell like it is toasting - that is what you want. It deepens the flavor.
- Add the broth and water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until all water is absorbed.
- Prepare the rest of the ingredients and add to cooled quinoa.
- Taste to check seasonings and serve at room temperature or chilled.
This salad can be served alongside grilled chicken or fish, by itself or on top of a bed of spinach or mixed greens for a light lunch or dinner.
Recipe by Green Plate Rule at http://www.greenplaterule.com/recipes/spring-quinoa-salad/