I know, I know, spinach and sorbet? But trust me you won’t even know it except for the gorgeous emerald green color! This is a bright and refreshing sorbet that can be made in 30 second in your Vita Mix blender and is NOT loaded with sugar as so many are. This recipe has 6 ingredients and they are all ones you can pronounce and find easily at your grocery store.
The temps are going to soar here in Hotlanta over the next few days so this would be perfect when you need something to cool you and the kids down. My kids’s last day of school is today and my daughter is graduating middle school so this will be the perfect after school treat to celebrate! My kids love it when I make green smoothies and green juices so I know this will be a welcome addition to our rotation! It is a great way to get extra fruits and veggies into your kids and even better for them than what sits in the frozen food isle! Make up a batch and freeze it into popsicle molds for a one of a kind treat!
- Vitamin K is provided, almost 200% of the Daily Value in one cup of fresh spinach leaves (there are 3 huge cups in this recipe)
Iron which aids your body in creating red blood cells that help get oxygen to all the parts of your body
Vitamin C contributes to the healthy production of collagen, which ensures healthy skin, bones, teeth and blood vessels. Vitamin C also has the potential for helping your body fight infections. It is also necessary to make DNA, which is why it is so crucial during pregnancy.
Beta-carotene is a powerful anti-oxidant fighting free radicals
- Chlorophyll is abundant in spinach and has focused help in the area of cancer (including treatment and prevention)
Bring on the summer and the spinach sorbet!
|Spinach, Pineapple, Lime Sorbet|
- 3/4 c. 100% juice frozen juice concertrate (I used White Grape Juice)
- 1/2 banana, frozen
- 1/4 pineapple, cut into chunks
- 3 large handfuls of spinach
- 1/2 lime, peel cut off
- 3 c. ice
- Add ingredients into the blender.
- Turn machine on 1 turn to 10 then to high speed. Push ingredients into blade with tamper until machine “catches” (low grinding sound) all materials.
- Blend until smooth (4 “pillows” should appear on top) Should take no more than 30 seconds.
You can use other juice concentrates, but rememeber to get only 100% fruit juice. Use your imagination and make your own yummy combination!