Our skin takes a beating every day, from the sun, sweating, or kids putting their hands all over it. This smoothie is full of vitamin A, C, E, and Omega-3′s, all of which are perfect to help heal, and protect your skin. Time to get glowing, radiant skin!
- Vitamin E plays an important role in maintaining healthy skin. Almond milk is a great source of vitamin E, as is avocado.
- Vitamin C helps your skin repair itself. Strawberries have the highest concentration of vitamin C, one cup has 150% of your daily amount! Mangoes, and avocados are also very high in vitamin C.
- Vitamin A may prevent sun damage. One cup of spinach gives us 55% of our daily amount.
- Omega-3 helps the skin by reducing inflammation. Omega-3′s are especially good for dry skin, and in some studies show wrinkle reduction, and improvement in skin firmness after using fish oil supplements for a period of time. Barlean’s Omega Swirl, Chia seeds, and avocados are all great sources of omega-3′s!
|Skin Saver Smoothie|
- 1 cup unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 cup mango chunks
- 7 large whole strawberries (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 avocado, peeled and seed removed
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp Barlean’s Mango-Peach Omega Swirl
- 2 ice cubes
- Place all the ingredients into the blender
- Start on a low speed, slowly increasing to high
- Blend until smooth, about 1 minute