Looking for a delicious way to have a satisfying snack and get some nutrition too? Well look no further – this is a nice alternative to breakfast, a mid-day snack or even dessert! I used organic frozen raspberries that I thawed out but if you have another berry on hand feel free to swap it out, make this your recipe!
I am starting to train for my first half marathon and am always looking for ways to get extra protein and keep my sweet tooth happy. This recipe does both! Instead of traditional whipped cream I incorporated plain, nonfat Greek yogurt, which is full of great protein that I slightly sweetened with agave, a few spoonfuls of my Omega’s courtesy of Barlean’s Omega Swirl and infused with orange zest. It has a really bright fresh flavor that is perfect for waking up those taste buds! I also added a spoonful of Chia seeds which are high in protein to help build the important muscle that I will need to carry me across the finish line!
Barlean’s offers several different Omega swirl products one uses ultra-purified pharamaceutical grade Fish Oil as the base or an Organic Flax based product that is vegetarian. They also offer a blend of the two for a total Omega blast. There is something for everyone and in flavors that will keep you coming back! Everyone I have given a taste to no matter how much resistance they first put up has put thier spoon back out there for another. It will make you a believer too!
Fresh raspberries and sliced almonds top this pretty combination for an extra shot of health. Almonds are an excellent source of vitamin E, magnesium, manganese, and a good source of fiber, copper, phosphorous, and riboflavin. Plus, a one-ounce serving has 13 grams of good unsaturated fats, just 1 gram of saturated fat, and is always cholesterol free. And when compared ounce for ounce, almonds are the tree nut highest in protein, fiber, calcium, vitamin E, riboflavin, and niacin. Talk about a petite package packing a powerful punch, so don’t be shy about adding them into this recipe of using them on their own as a snack.
So enjoy with good health!
|Raspberry Almond Fool with Omega Swirl|
- 10 oz. frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1/4 c. agave or cane sugar
- 2 c. Greek yogurt, plain, nonfat
- 2 T. honey or agave
- 2 T. Barlean’s Omega Swirl (I used Mango Peach)
- 1/2 almond extract or vanilla extract
- 1 t. orange zest
- 1 T. Chia seed
- 1 c. raspberries, fresh
- 1/4 c. almonds, sliced, toasted
- Bring thawed raspberries and agave or cane sugar to a boil in a saucepan and simmer for 10 min. Transfer to a bowl to cool.
- In a bowl whisk yogurt, honey, Omega Swirl, almond or vanilla extract, zest, and Chia seed till blended.
- Layer cooled raspberry sauce with yogurt mixture, fresh raspberries and toasted almonds in glasses or small bowls.