St. Patrick’s Day is just around the corner, so it seems fitting to have a peppermint patty green smoothie for Smoothie Saturday! This smoothie has all the same flavors of a peppermint patty you would buy in the store, but without all the artificial ingredients and tons more nutrition. I used fresh mint over peppermint extract when making this smoothie. You might think mint is just an herb to add flavor but it is loaded with nutritional benefits. Hope you enjoy this smoothie and have a wonderful weekend!
- contains good amounts of vitamin A, B 12, C, folic acid, iron, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, selenium and zinc
- relieve symptoms of cold and flu
- helps clean the blood
- reduce symptoms of indigestion, heartburn, IBS, and stomach cramps
- contains many antioxidants, which protect the body against forming cancerous cells
- fights bad breath
|Peppermint Patty Green Smoothie||
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 cup spinach, about 1 handful
- 1 frozen banana
- 2 tbsp fresh mint leaves, stems removed
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 heaping tbsp chocolate chips
- Place all the ingredients, except chocolate chips into your blender
- Start on low speed, and increase to high
- Blend until smooth, about 1 min
- Then add the chocolate chips and blend for a few seconds. Just long enough to break them down into smaller pieces.
If you do not have fresh mint you can sub 1/8 tsp peppermint extract.