|No Bake Lemon Cheesecake ||
Prep time: 4 hours
Cook time: 1 hour
Total time: 5 hours
No guilt here. This is gluten-free, dairy-free, no sugar added, and no baking involved!
- 2 cup of raw cashews (unsalted)
- 1 cup of almonds (unsalted)
- 8 pitted dates, make sure your dates are soft
- pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice, about 2 small lemons
- 1/3 cup Barlean's Lemon Zest Omega Swirl
- 3 - 4 tbsp of water
- Place the cashews in a bowl and cover completely with water.
- Let them soak for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Add pitted dates, almonds, and sea salt to the food processor and pulse until everything is mixed well, about 1 minute
- Press the mixture into 8" pie pan, 4 mini tart pans, or 8 - 4oz mason jars (about 1/2" thick)
- Warm 1/4 cup of coconut oil on the stovetop over medium heat, remove from the heat, and add to high powered blender, or food processor, which ever is more powerful.
- Add the cashews, lemon juice, and Barlean's Lemon Zest to the blender or food processor also.
- Blend until smooth - you will likely need to add a couple tbsp of water to help it blend, since the mixture will be really thick.
- Pour or spoon out the filling on top of the almond crust and place in the freezer.
- Freeze for 1 hour, or until firm.
- Remove from the freezer about 15 minutes before serving.
- Serve with fresh fruit or berry sauce.
Recipe by Green Plate Rule at http://www.greenplaterule.com/recipes/no-bake-lemon-cheesecake/