It is beginning to look and feel like fall, and it is very much welcomed! There is no other way to kick-off the first official day of fall than with a Pumpkin Spice Smoothie, and a trip to the pumpkin patch with the little ladies.
A popular question on the blog lately has been what is the best way to make smoothies ahead of time. So this week, I tested out a few ways and found this to be the best. I blended everything together and poured it into silicone cupcake liners. Once they were frozen, I peeled them out of the liners and placed in a ziplock bag. When you want a smoothie, just take out two frozen rounds and blend them with some milk and you’re ready to go.
I’ve never been so excited to make smoothies. I have a feeling my freezer will be full of frozen smoothie rounds by the end of the day tomorrow! This is the perfect way to use leftover fruits, greens, and vegetables before they go bad, and perfect to include in your Sunday night prep. Between make ahead smoothies, overnight oatmeal and chia pudding, a healthy complete breakfast never seemed so manageable.
|Make Ahead Pumpkin Spice Smoothie||
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp maple syrup, or 5 drops of liquid Stevia extract
- 1 tsp coffee beans, optional, but mandatory for me
- Blend all the ingredients together
- Pour into silicone cupcake holders, and place in freezer
- Once frozen, remove and store in a ziplock bag
- When you are ready to use –
- Blend 2/3 cup non-dairy milk with 2 frozen smoothie rounds.