While we welcome another season change, many of us end up with a not-so-welcome seasonal cough. Most are quick to run to the store for over-the-counter meds that have side effects, artificial dyes and flavors, but I prefer trying homemade remedies first. There are many things in your pantry that could help relieve you from a nagging cough. All of the ingredients in this smoothie are natural cough suppressants and in many homemade cough syrup recipes.
This will make a small smoothie, but it’s all you need to help kick that cough goodbye!
|Kick the Cough Smoothie|
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed orange juice (1 orange)
- juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1/2 cup pineapple
- 1 tsp honey (raw or buckwheat, preferably)
- 1/8 tsp fresh ginger
- 1/4 tsp apple cider vinegar
- dash of cayenne, optional
- handful of ice
- Add all the ingredient to a blender
- Start on low speed, slowly increasing to high
- Blend until smooth