My morning routine hasn’t been exactly routine the last couple of months but I’m slowly getting back into the norm for me. When I’m in my routine I will wake up between 5 – 530 am, have a glass of water with lemon, and a cup of coffee, of course. :) Then I jump on the treadmill for a couple miles followed by a short weight workout. Not too much, but just enough to build up a sweat before the little one’s wake up and hit the ground running. It never fails, the earlier I get up and get my workout in, the more productive, and the better I feel during the day! Morning time is such a peaceful time so I’m happy to get up and enjoy it.
There are many reasons for working out early:
- It gives your metabolism an early start, which will help you burn more calories throughout the day.
- You are more likely to workout when you have a consistent routine. Things are always coming up in the afternoon and evenings, but it’s unlikely something will be planned for 5am.
- Many studies have proven you are more likely to resist overeating, and indulging when you workout before eating breakfast.
I’ve wanted something different than my normal green smoothies or green juice in the morning and this has been it! Slightly tart, a little sweet, with a hint of spice, and a refreshing drink for after my workout. This juice and a shot of wheatgrass. I hear wheatgrass can help turn gray hairs back to their original color. I’ll let you know if that’s true. ;)
Have a great day!
|Grapefruit Blackberry Ginger Juice|
- 1 grapefruit, peel removed
- 1 pint of blackberries
- 1/2 tsp fresh ginger
- Lime wedge squeezed
- Juice the grapefruit, blackberries, and ginger
- Mix and serve over ice with a lime wedge