Sometimes all it takes is your four favorite most used ingredients, and a new way to serve it, and you have a instant household favorite! That is exactly how I came up with these Peanut Butter Banana Bites. I was slicing bananas for oatmeal when I had the idea to add peanut butter on top. It seemed like the perfect place to sneak in some chia seeds, and a little chocolate. It takes just a couple minutes to prep, no mess, no baking, and all these ingredients I always have on hand.
Now that it is warming up this is a great after school snack. I made a a big batch of these and we’ve been snacking on them in the afternoons. We eat them right out of the freezer, but I think it’s best when they have been sitting out for just a minute, then they melt in your mouth. It’s kind of like biting into a frozen peanut butter pie but MUCH healthier. It’s smooth, creamy, and sweet!
Four of my favorite ingredients and about four minutes of prep, and we have a healthy, sweet, and tasty snack! :)
|Frozen Peanut Butter Banana Sandwich||
- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced into 1/2″ slices
- 1/2 cup NATURAL peanut butter
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp chocolate chips, chopped
- Place the banana slices on a cookie sheet that is lined with parchment paper
- In a small bowl mix together the peanut butter, chia seeds, and chocolate chips.
- Add the peanut butter mixture to a small plastic bag
- Cut one corner of the bag off, about a 1/4″ hole
- Pipe the peanut butter out on top of banana slices
- Place it all in the freezer for about 2 hours
Make sure the peanut butter does not have partially hydrogenated oils!!