One of the best things about writing up the Best Snack Bars post, was coming across Enjoy Life Foods. This company produces completely allergen-free foods in an allergen-free facility, with no artificial ingredients. I love their dedication to producing healthy, allergen-free foods, and it shows on their website where they list all the ingredients they use and give you information in each one. When you buy Enjoy Life Foods, you are paying for REAL food and REAL ingredients.
It’s no secret my love for chocolate, if you’ve followed the blog for more than two weeks I’m sure you’ve seen chocolate in a recipe. Finding a good dairy-free, gluten-free chocolate that does not have soy is not easy. I have one now, Enjoy Life Mega Chunks Chocolate. Check out the size of the chocolate chunks! Not only are these amazing for baking, but you know when it’s late and you need just a little bit of something sweet, here is that perfect bite. The only problem is trying to have just one!
Another wonderfully chocolaty product from Enjoy Life Foods is their Double Chocolate Chunks Granola. It has crunchy chocolate flavored brown rice flakes, full of mini chocolate chips, and the only thing missing are the allergens, certainly not any flavor! It is perfect on top of plain yogurt for some added flavor or a couple tablespoons mixed in with a cereal that is low in sugar, and may not be your kids favorite. Just a small amount added to something will add some excitement, and plenty of added flavor and fiber. I’ve been mixing some of the granola into Enjoy Life Foods Perky’s Crunchy Flax cereal for my girl’s. And for anyone who has a picky eater and is looking for a way to sneak in chia seeds, here is your chance! The dark color of the chocolate and and small grains in the granola will make those chia seeds incognito.
I combined both products from Enjoy Life Foods into a great afternoon snack that is perfect for the hot summer months ahead.
CHOCOLATE GRANOLA BANANA POPS
- First, peel a couple bananas and cut them in half. You could leave them whole but half is a better serving size, especially for the little ones. Insert a lollipop stick or craft stick to the cut side of the banana and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Freeze for about an hour.
- Just before removing the bananas, melt the chocolate chunks over medium heat in a double boiler. Here is a great short video on melting chocolate over a double boiler. If you do not have a heat proof bowl, you can use another pot, just make sure it doesn’t touch the water.
- On a plate I added a think layer of the chocolate granola, and 1 tbsp of chia seeds. I broke down any larger pieces in the granola so there were no clumps, there were not many clumps to begin with.
- Take the bananas out and coat in chocolate. You may need a spoon to help. And the roll in the granola.
- Place it back in the freezer in an airtight container.
Now for a GIVEAWAY!! Go to Enjoy Life Foods website and check out all their amazing, allergen-free products. Then, come back here and tell me which one you would like to try in the comments. Or if you already buy Enjoy Life products, then tell me your favorite product.
BONUS ENTRY (Optional): you must leave a separate comment for each extra entry for them to count, and you MUST complete the required entry above.
- “Like” Green Plate Rule on Facebook – if you already do, just leave a comment letting me know (make sure your first name and last initial are in comment so I can verify)
- Follow on twitter – @greenplaterule
- “Like” Enjoy Life Foods on Facebook
- Follow Enjoy Life Foods on Twitter – @ELFceo
- Pin this page to pinterest, leave a link to the pin as a comments.
PRIZE: Two Enjoy Life Products – the Double Chocolate Crunch Granola will be one, and if the item you list as your favorite is available at the time of the drawing, that will be the other! If it is not available for some reason, I will contact you to get another product in it’s place.
Rules: One winner will be selected at random using Random.org. Open to US and Canada. Entries will be accepted until June 21, 2012 at noon EST. Any entries posted after June 22, 2012 at noon EST will not be counted. All entries must be left HERE on this blog entry. Entries left on our Facebook page will not be counted.