I love the bold flavor of chai tea. All the exotic spices like clove, cardamom, and cinnamon, mixed together with black tea in a hot mug make for a nice, comforting morning or mid-afternoon pick-me-up. The smell alone will open your eyes and brighten the day! A few weeks ago while out looking for a new tea I came across Good Earth’s Cocoa Chai Tea. Cocoa and Chai…yes, please! It’s been a great afternoon drink along with a little snack to hold me over until dinner.
I need something sweet and comforting today, and this will be perfect. It’s the first Saturday in a long time I’ve had to miss my long run, but pain in my shins and calves is sidelining me. I still woke up early and was so tempted to go and enjoy this beautiful morning along the trail. The sky was every shade of pink and orange as the sun was rising, and a cool 70 degrees. Here’s hoping I’m ready to go again soon, I miss the group already!
There’s a silver lining in everything…I enjoyed the morning relaxing, reading, and playing on Pinterest while sitting on the patio. And the icing on the cake, the girl’s slept in! The only noises around here were the birds in the yard and my fingers hitting the keys. Not so bad after all. Although, I really should have considered doing the laundry….sigh.
|Chocolate Chai Smoothie||
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Good Earth Cocoa Chai Tea bag
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 heaping tbsp cocoa (or use chocolate protein powder)
- 1 tsp sweetener (honey or agave)
- a couple ice cubes
- Bring 1/2 cup of water to boil, remove from heat and add the tea bag.
- Steep for 5 minutes, remove tea bag from the tea.
- Add the tea and the rest of the ingredients to a blender.
- Start on a low speed, slowly increasing to high.
- Blend until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Pour into a glass and top with grated chocolate, cinnamon, cardamom, or any other chai spices.
If you cannot find the Cocoa Chai Tea, try increasing the milk to 1 cup, and adding:
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground ginger
dash of ground clove, nutmeg and cardamom
You can adjust the spices to your liking, you’ll just be missing the caffeine.