I posted a Chocolate Banana PB smoothie a while back but I’ve been using different ingredients lately so I wanted to share! It is important to use a frozen banana in this smoothie. It really helps thicken the smoothie so it’s similar to a milkshake. I’ve reduced the amount of banana to half of a large banana. This helps to reduce the overall sugar, but it doesn’t hurt the texture or taste of the smoothie at all! One serving of this smoothie only has about 12 grams of sugar, and will satisfy any sweet tooth or hunger cravings.
I read months ago about the benefits of bee pollen but it wasn’t until recently that I started using it daily. Science shows bee pollen aids beauty, boosts energy and immunity, fights diseases such as cancer, and relieves digestive disorders. Maybe it’s just coincidence but since I’ve been using it I’ve had so much energy! I buy Y.S. Organic Farms Bee Pollen granules at my local Whole Foods but it is also available online.
This is everyone’s favorite in my house, and always what I make after my long run on Saturday mornings! Hope you enjoy the new and improved version too!
|Chocolate Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie||
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk (I prefer coconut or flax milk)
- 1 heaping scoop of Barlean’s Chocolate Silk Greens, or a scoop of Chocolate Protein Powder.
- 2 tbsp peanut butter (make sure your peanut butter does not have partially hydrogenated oils)
- 1/2 large banana, frozen
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp bee pollen
- 2 ice cubes
- Add all the ingredients to the blender
- Start on a low speed, and slowly increase to high
- Blend until smooth
Be sure to peel bananas before you put them in the freezer.