Today is Free Friday and Smoothie Saturday all in one so I can put the computer away and enjoy lots of time with my family and of course, lots of yummy food! In the Christmas spirit I made candy cane smoothies this morning. Hope everyone is able to enjoy this time of year without too much stress and worry. May your days be merry and bright.
“And the Grinch, with his Grinch-feet ice cold in the snow, stood puzzling and puzzling, how could it be so? It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes or bags. And he puzzled and puzzled ’till his puzzler was sore. Then the Grinch thought of something he hadn’t before. What if Christmas, he thought, doesn’t come from a store. What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more”. ~Dr. Seuss
|Candy Cane Smoothie||
- 2 cups of frozen strawberries, slightly defrosted
- 2 tbsp sweetener (agave, honey, or organic cane sugar)
- 1 6oz container of vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/8 tsp peppermint extract
- 2 handfuls of ice
- Let the strawberries defrost just enough so you can blend them easily
- Blend the strawberries with sweetener until smooth and pour in a bowl
- Add yogurt, milk, extract, and ice and blend until smooth
- Spoon in layers.
If you do not have peppermint extract you could use vanilla extract and it’ll take more like a strawberries and cream.
I use both coconut yogurt and milk