Years ago I never would have thought I would be giddy over a pile of bright red and golden beets with the greens still in tact, but that was me at the store a couple days ago. The beets have been so beautiful lately I can’t pass them up. Juicing beets has been a great way for me to get all the nutritional benefits beets have to offer into my young girls. They call the juices with beets lipstick juice, since it turns their little mouths and lips bright red.
I got a good kick out of this combination, it almost sounds like a fight scene – beets, blood oranges, blueberries, and grapefruit. Beet, Blood, and Blues had to be the name! It does pack a powerful punch of antioxidants, vitamin C, and more, so I guess the name is fitting. Enjoy this beautiful, tasty, and powerful juice!
- Contain more vitamin C than any other citrus, 130% the recommended daily amount per orange
- The only citrus that contains anthocyanin – a powerful pigment which gives them their deep red color. Many studies show it may reduce inflammation and the risk of Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s, boost your immune system, and provide protection from cataracts and macular degeneration.
- Contain more antioxidants than any other fruit. They also contain anthocyanin.
- Blueberries help fight belly fat, maintain your vision, and improve your memory.
- Loaded with vitamins A, B1, B2, B6 and C, and iron.
- Betaine, an amino acid in beets, has significant anti-cancer properties shown to inhibit the development of tumors in stomach and colon cancers.
- High in vitamins A and C and can help raise your metabolism
- Help keep cholesterol levels in a healthy range
|Beet Blood and Blues Juice|
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 3 blood oranges, rind removed
- 1/2 pink grapefruit, rind removed
- 1/2 large beet, scrubbed
- Juice all the ingredients in order.
- Mix juice well.
- Pour over ice and enjoy!