This smoothie has been a hit all week! Sweet, delicious, nutritious, and maybe the best part of all, this “green” smoothie is purple, thanks to a cup of blackberries. No one will ever know there is a cup of spinach hidden under that deep purple. Blackberries have more grams of fiber than they do sugar, 8 grams of fiber and 7 grams of sugar per cup. This whole recipe has 200 calories, 18 grams of sugar, 11 grams of fiber, 75% of your vitamin A, 50% vitamin B12, 115% of vitamin C, and over 200% of vitamin K.
Happy Smoothie Saturday!!
|Blackberry Pineapple Green Smoothie|
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup spinach or kale
- 1/4 cup pineapple chunks
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 tbsp Barlean’s Blackberry Omega swirl (optional)
- 2 ice cubes
- Place all the ingredients into a blender
- Start on low and increase to high slowly
- Blend until it’s smoothie, about 1 minute