Sometimes you just need a little chocolate. At least that’s the way it is in my house. After an extremely busy couple of weeks and marathon season in full gear, I believe myself and the little ladies earned a treat. My four year old has done a great job of earning brownie points lately. For the second time this school year, she came home from Pre-K to inform me someone brought in cupcakes for a birthday party, but she did not eat the icing since it was “colorful and had food dyes”. Wait a minute…my four year old, who would rather eat the icing over the cake, decided to scrape it off because it was colorful? They can be taught!
As much as I love cupcakes and other chocolate-y pastries, I have little desire to spend a bunch of time baking. So I took the easy way out and made the Black Bean Brownies to use in a parfait. It satisfied my sweet tooth, and my desire for something quick and effortless. The best part is this is so simple to make my girls were able to help out!
The brownies can be made in a food processor. Simply dump all the ingredients in and process until smooth. Then, I rinsed it out while they were baking, so I could use it for the banana and peanut butter “ice cream”. The ice cream is only takes 2 minutes to make and has three ingredients — bananas, peanut butter, and vanilla extract! As soon as the brownies cooled, I made the ice cream and layered it up! Those layers disappeared very quickly. :)
|Gluten-Free Brownie Parfait|
- Black Bean Brownies
- 3 frozen bananas, cut into 1″ slices
- 1/4 peanut butter or almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Make the brownies according to directions, and let cool.
- Add bananas, peanut butter and vanilla extract to the food processor and pulse until soft serve consistency. This will take about 2 minutes. You may need to stop and scrape down the sides a few times.
- Cut brownies into small squares.
- Layer brownies, soft serve, and chocolate chips into parfait glasses.
- Top with walnut and homemade whipped cream, optional.
Black Bean Brownies –