We are getting ready to hit the road for a few days so I have been on a mission to use all the fresh produce I have. I’ve been successful at using up a fair amount of coconut milk, fresh berries, citrus, bananas, greens, and cooling down from the 100+ degrees temps. Summer is definitely here!
This smoothie started as something completely different but I didn’t like the way it turned out the first time, so I scratched a few ingredients and started over. It was better the second go round so I poured it into a glass, and then started making a different smoothie. I figured the one the girls like the best would be today’s smoothie. I tasted the second smoothie — it was good but it was just another berry smoothie, and not what I was looking for. So I mixed the two smoothies together…now were talking! I made it one last time with a few changes since I knew I would be mixing the two, third time was a charm.
It was so good and so beautiful. Check it out after it’s all been swirled together, makes me think tropical vacation! :)
Happy Smoothie Saturday!
|Berry Colada Smoothie|
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 cup frozen pineapple (must be frozen)
- 1 tbsp Barlean’s Pina Colada Omega Swirl
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1/2 banana
- Add 1 cup of unsweetened coconut milk (I like So Delicious Coconut Milk), 1 cup of frozen pineapple, and 1 tbsp of Barlean’s Pina Colada Omega Swirl to the blender
- Blend until smooth, about 1 minute
- Divide evenly into 2 large glasses
- Rinse the blender
- Add the remaining ingredients to the blender
- Blend until smooth
- Divide evenly between glasses, on top of the Pina Colada mixture
- Use a spoon or straw to swirl the two together