This picture sums it up. Which would you rather, eat raw spinach and fruit or have it all blended together into a sweet delicious drink? I have a feeling I know the answer. I could go on-and-on about how much I love my vitamix blender but if you do not have you should still give this a try. Most blenders will be powerful enough to break down the spinach.
Happy Smoothie Saturday!
I hope you enjoy this one as much as I do! That is, if I can get it back from her…
|Beginner Green Smoothie||
- 1/4 cup strawberry yogurt (use coconut yogurt for vegan and GFCF)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 banana
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 1 cup spinach
- a couple ice cubes
- makes one large smoothie, or 2 kids sized smoothies
- Place all the ingredients into a blender
- Start on a low speed and slowly raise to high
- Blend until smooth, about 1 min