Football season means lots of get togethers with heaps of food, more often than not, loaded with cheese, meat, and processed products. I’ve been mostly dairy-free and vegetarian for almost four years now, so I’m usually out of luck at a tailgate unless I bring my own food. Most of the time I make my guacamole, but this week I want something just a little different. It is the same flavors, minus the tomato, plus black beans and corn. . .ABC Salsa — Avocado, Black Bean, and Corn.
Just chop and throw it all together! Ten minutes and out the door you go with this healthy, filling, and colorful dip. This will make entertaining easy! I recommend making extras to use later. I scooped out a little to throw on the bed of spinach for a quick lunch — YUM! It would also make a great filling for wrap, or a topping on a quesadilla. You’ll find plenty of ways to use this one.
|Avocado Black Bean Corn Salsa|
- 2 avocados – cubed
- 1 1/2 cups frozen organic corn, defrosted
- 1 1/2 cups black beans (15 oz can)
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/2 jalapeno, finely minced
- 1 tsp salt
- Add all the ingredients, except avocado, together and mix well.
- Then gently fold in the avocado.
- Keep chilled in the refrigerator until ready to serve.