Here is the last recipe from our Stock the Freezer day, along with Tex-Mex Pasta and Amy’s Chicken Noodle Soup. The muffins were so quick to make with a group. One person measured out the dry ingredients, while another measured out the wet ingredients. Then we mixed together, and then in the over the went!
|Banana Bread Muffins||
- 1 c. mashed banana
- 1 c. Greek yogurt, lowfat, plain or flavored
- 1/4 c. butter, softened
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 c. Agave
- 2 lg. eggs, beaten
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1 c. Whole Wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 c. Oat Bran
- 1/4 c. Teff flour
- 1/4 c. Quinoa flour
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1 t. baking powder
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1 t. cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease muffin tins or place paper liners in the tin. Try making mini muffins for those little hands.
- Mash banana and combine Greek yogurt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and Agave nectar until smooth.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla and banana mixture.
- Combine the whole wheat pastry flour, oat bran, teff flour, quinoa flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; stir into the banana mixture.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the prepared pan or pans.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean. When you push gently on the top it should spring back if it is done.